Production Inventory Controller (Johnstown, New York).
The Production Planning Inventory Controller (PPIC) timely prepares and maintains production reports, production planning and inventory reports. The PPIC assists the Operations Manager in collecting necessary production and/or quality data’s to measure, correct and improve production performance indicators.
- Maintain a Material Requirement Planning for Raw Skin and Wet Blue for the 3 locations in USA: DRD, Townsend Leather, and Travel Leathers.
- Verify the conformity of orders received from the Customer Service department.
- Collect data from tannery at end of day for each production order and communicate to Customer Service department these dates as well any updates if any changes in time.
- Continuously monitor the WIP through systems in place at each tannery and to ensure that mini and maxi are respected for each inventory in USA.
- Control and collect packing lists from tanneries and transfer under an appropriate format to Asia team for SAP upload.
- Generate weekly production reports: volume , quality and DIFOT.
- Coordinate with logistic department Raw Skins and WB movements in USA.
- Coordinate with Customer Service department shipment (and return).
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Associates Degree required or 3 years of professional work experience in a business environment. Experience in supply chain, materials management, or IT is preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office including: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to perform job functions in a competent, professional and customer oriented confidential manner.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with little or no supervision.
- Basic accounting and mathematical skills, and familiarity with weight and measure conversions expected.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.