Inventory Control Coordinator
This role ensures inventory levels reflect accurately and in sync between Wolverine World Wide’s global operating systems. This position is responsible to understand all types of inventory movement transactions and how each one impacts financial reporting, receiving, and order fulfillment activities. This individual reports to the Shared Services supervisor, but also engages directly with partners at all levels of the organization on projects and business initiatives which relate to or include inventory activity.
- Monitor weekly inventory comparison reports between global distribution center and order processing systems; identify root cause for discrepancies and escalate to appropriate parties for corrective action. Retain reports and corresponding research for auditing purposes.
- Monitor, research, and correct daily inventory transaction errors which cause global distribution center and order processing systems to be out of balance.
- Monitor, research, and correct/verify receiving discrepancies and manual inventory receipts which do not systemically apply to inbound factory purchase orders, distribution center transfers, or customer returns.
- Perform special projects and tasks as required to adjust inventory levels or status in support of business needs
- Collaborate with corporate, IT, and distribution center partners to identify and resolve root cause issues related to inventory control activities.
- Actively participate in the development, implementation, and documentation of team processes and procedures.
- Continually seek ways to improve service levels, challenge existing processes, and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Perform duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Minimum of two years of experience in a business/office environment providing finance, accounting, or business operations services.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; post-secondary education or equivalent work experience a plus.
- MS Office experience required, particularly Outlook and Excel. SAP and WM and/or PKMS distribution center software experience a plus.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to show insight into root cause
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic work environment and manage competing priorities
- Highly motivated/self-starter with a sense of ownership, a willingness to learn, and a strong desire to succeed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which reflect courtesy and professionalism in all circumstances.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.