A&A Technical Designer II - Merrell
At Merrell, we believe everyone deserves to experience the simple power of being outside. From mountain trails to parks and playgrounds, we all belong in the outdoors. No matter our shape, our size or our race. So we're proud to make durable and versatile products that help get more of us outside together.
The A&A Technical Designer II develops and manages the technical specification packages for a variety of complex apparel and accessories. Partners with design, development, and vendor partners to create a high quality and consistent product execution.
- Establish all product specifications for a complex variety of product classifications required in the technical pack and partner with design and development to execute including technical sketches, measurements, bill of materials, and prototype critiques.
- Consult with factory to make improvements and recommendations for pattern/measurement changes.
- Ensure that apparel and accessories meet the brand quality standards and has brand specific characteristics (logo, etc.).
- Act as a technical expert partnering with the product team throughout the development of an apparel or accessories design idea.
- Drives the development of products following the agreed upon design and development process and timelines on time, accurate, and in full.
- Researches market and competitive trends and follows new apparel technologies.
- Ensures all garment measuring is accurately reflected and communicated through the apparel design and development process.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in clothing and textiles or a related field or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years of apparel experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of apparel manufacturing, patternmaking, fabrication, garment fit/construction, international standards.
- Advanced knowledge of design process.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and visually through sketches, illustrations and renderings.
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as be part of a team.
- Strong computer skills - 3D, Photo-shop software and Adobe Illustrator.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).