AP Specialist IWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Accounts Payable Specialist I will ensure US, Canadian and International vendors are set up accurately and timely in the SAP vendor master. Other responsibilities include facilitating vendor set up in the American Express Buyer Initiated Program (“BIP”) and processing invoices.
- Coordinate with vendors and WWW stakeholders to obtain the necessary new account information. Maintain SAP vendor master records in accordance with policy. Follow up to ensure open items are addressed and changes are tracked in Excel log.
- Facilitate vendor set up in the American Express Buyer Initiated Payment Program (“BIP”).
- Research and resolve vendor master related payment issues.
- Support daily invoice processing and payment activities (e.g. Investigate and address invoice exceptions, assist with payment runs and freight invoicing, coordinate check distribution).
- Assign invoice exceptions in Ariba ICS queue to AP team members each morning.
- Perform periodic vendor master reviews and perform vendor maintenance tasks at the direction of management.
- Perform administrative support and assist with special projects (e.g. process and file payment paperwork, pull audit documentation, assist in tax form preparation, maintain forms and team SOP’s, answer emails in AP mailbox).
- Perform basic Excel functions as needed to facilitate day to day responsibilities (e.g. Execute SAP transaction, export vendor master data from SAP and compile in Excel).
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 2-4 yrs. AP, Finance or Accounting experience
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, verbal / written communication, & organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well within a team
- Handles moderately complex situations with minimal direction
- Able to identify/prioritize daily tasks and manage time appropriately
- Able to perform tasks quickly while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrates initiative in anticipating and solving issues
- Moderate proficiency and comfort with Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Word) required
- Experience with AP systems (e.g. SAP and Ariba) preferred
Normal office environment.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).