Apparel & Accesories Technical Designer I
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The A&A Technical Designer I develops and manages the technical specification packages for apparel and accessories. Partners with design and development to create a high quality and consistent product execution.
- Develops and manages the technical specification packages for apparel and accessories. Partners with design and development to create a high quality and consistent product execution.
- Executes product specifications for assigned product classifications required in the technical pack and partner with design and development to execute including measurements, bill of materials, and prototype critiques.
- Consult with factory to make improvements and recommendations for pattern changes.
- Act as a proactive conduit between the product team throughout the development of an apparel or accessories design idea.
- Drives the development of products following the agreed upon design and development process and timelines on time, accurate, and in full.
- Revise and maintain tech packs/Bill of Materials and specifications for existing and new products.
- Consistently researches market and competitive trends and follows new apparel technologies.
- Execute accurate data entry and garment measuring as a key function of the apparel design and development process.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in clothing and textiles or a related field or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of apparel experience required.
- Intermediate knowledge of apparel manufacturing, patternmaking, fabrication, garment fit/construction, international standards.
- Intermediate knowledge of design process.
- Must be able to follow-through and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate, including the ability to manage strong and effective cross functional relationships within the organization
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).