Associate Footwear Fit SpecialistWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Associate Footwear Fit Specialist will assist the Footwear Fit Specialist for preparing footwear products for global, production, and distribution. Support the PI Footwear Fit team with the day to day fit and wear testing processes, while ensuring all new footwear adheres to fit and quality standards specific to the company's brands. Assist the design and development teams, when requested, for coordinating prototype and sample review with commercialization technicians in a timely manner.
- Assist in performing fit assessments understanding performance and aesthetic standards for all footwear products. Communicate discrepancies, corrections, and or approvals with offshore production facilities, product development and PI Footwear Fit teams, including corporate Quality Assurance, when needed.
- Assist in the day to day functions as required within the footwear fit group. This may include but not limited to opening and distribution of packages of footwear, scheduling fit session, and updating reports/communications.
- Communicate with the overseas office associates on fit and commercialization related issues.
- Initiate footwear lab testing as requested by PI Footwear Fit team member while developing an understanding.
- Monitor critical path timeline for adopted products.
- Perform data entry within corporate PLM system assisting the commercialization technicians.
- Assist with wear test managing monthly report generation.
- Observe and learn the correct way to measure fit testers regularly with the aid of a Brannock device and a tape measure.
- Update current fit test data base as well as wear test panel member group with detailed foot size information data for the company.
- Perform duties consistent with the company's AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Associates degree or equivalent work experience. Bachelor's degree preferred. Entry level position with desire to learn the footwear development and engineering aspects of the overall business.
- Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong team player with the ability to work closely with the other members of the Product Integrity team to ensure the best quality service is given to the brands.
- Effective written and verbal communications skills and strong organizational skills.
Normal office environment. Some domestic and international travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).