Associate Privacy and Compliance Analyst
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, Sweaty Betty and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Associate Privacy Compliance Analyst supports the company’s privacy program. The successful candidate will work closely with the Privacy & Compliance Program Manager and other departments to implement privacy and compliance strategies throughout the organization to ensure that Wolverine Worldwide’s processes and systems comply with internal policy and applicable privacy regulations such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Review and provide feedback as part of the vendor risk management processes, including the review of contracts, data processing agreements, and security-related documentation
- Maintain records of data processing activities, data protection impact assessments, and other necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with applicable data protection laws
- Facilitate the fulfillment of data subject and consumer rights requests (access, deletion, do not sell, etc.) for applicable regulations including CCPA and GDPR
- Assist in the implementation of technology to support the privacy program, including: Data mapping and asset inventories, Management of data subject requests, Enablement of website cookie banners and preferences for eCommerce websites.
- Recommend corrective action plans for privacy compliance violations and concerns across all areas of the business and work with each team to resolve
- Lead small to medium efforts around privacy, including development of project plans and other project deliverables as appropriate
- Assist in the development of privacy and compliance-related policies and procedures and participates in review and enforcement of policies
- Support business education and training efforts related to Privacy and Compliance
- Develop and maintain proficiency through ongoing education, work assignments, research, and industry/user group participation; demonstrates practical application of learning and actively shares knowledge across functional area
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by Manager
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree (or its foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Information Systems, a related field or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of eCommerce and IT functions, services, and responsibilities within a global organization
- Database or other technical experience preferred, including working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with global privacy and regulatory frameworks such as CCPA, GDPR, HIPAA, and PIPEDA a plus
- Experience with OneTrust or similar privacy management platforms a plus
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to express results clearly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and technical understanding, appropriately tailoring messages based on audience
- Ability to coordinate project work across teams and including other internal and external (vendor/partner) staff
Normal office environment. Some travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).