Chief Marketing Officer - Saucony
SummaryAt Saucony, we exist for runners. Runners inspire us, bring us new ideas, and force us to be better. They drive our design and engineering. They keep us competitive. They keep us hungry. They keep us honest. Whether it’s in a conference room or out on a lunchtime run, we’re constantly talking about and arguing about our sport, runners and the products that fuel them. We love our products and we run in everything we make. This focus and passion fuels us as we strive to create the best running shoes and apparel on the planet. We leave work each day knowing we’ve done everything to make runners’ lives just a little bit better.
The Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) will drive the development and execution of all global strategic integrated marketing initiatives that drive consumer demand, increase brand heat, and delivers sustainable sales for the future. This position is a critical member of the leadership team and works closely with cross functional partners to transform the brand into a highly considered head-to-toe outdoor lifestyle brand around the world.
This CMO should possess a passion for building a best-in-class marketing team within the industry, delivering breakthrough creative marketing plans that drive consumer engagement, partnering with cross-functional partners to build the brand strategy and long-term pipeline with a focus on continuing to improve executional excellence of our go-to-market commercial strategies through digital-first integrated consumer marketing programs and retail experiences.
- Marketing and Brand Leadership: A proven track record of building consumer-centric brand and marketing strategies that drive new consumers into the brand and builds long-term loyalty by impacting positioning, product, place, price and advertising.
- Consumer Curiosity: A passion for consumer research and leveraging insight about consumers spoken and unspoken motivations and needs to influence creative development for marketing programs and product development.
- Passion for the Creative Power of Integrated Marketing: Recognized for guiding and fostering the creative process to build breakthrough big ideas that tap into the consumer tension and motivates consumers to buy into the brand promise to move short-term and long-term brand metrics.
- Strategic Leadership: Track record of leading and helping to develop focused high impact long-range growth strategies and vision for the brand grounded in consumer and business insights and trends.
- Execution Excellence in Commercializing Plans: Translating strategy into tactical marketing plans that drive the results through team accountability. Aligning communication, people, culture, processes, resources, and systems to ensure effective implementation and delivery of required results with speed, agility, high standard of quality, within budget.
- Designing Thinking Mindset: Champions the approach of elevating the brand’s visual identity by bringing a design-eye to the work and how the brand shows up in digital environments, in advertising, and retail spaces.
- Driving for Results: Setting high standards for personal and team success and holding team’s accountability by coaching and supporting them through using measurement methods to monitor progress toward goal attainment. As passion for data and using it to help track, monitor, and inform business decisions.
- Building Organizational Talent: Attracting, developing, and retaining talented individuals; creating a learning environment that ensures associates realize their highest potential, allowing the organization to meet future challenges.
- Cross-Functional Leadership: Excellent leadership skills with ability to use interpersonal abilities to influence and work in a matrix organization by building effective relationships with business partners (e.g., peers, functional partners, external vendors, and alliance partners).
- Customer Orientation: Cultivating strategic customer relationships and ensuring that the customer perspective is incorporated into our long-term and short-term growth plans. Building high impact key account marketing programs that drive velocity and conversion with key partners.
- Retail Experience: Experience designing and building retail programs to create strong converting retail environments that build the brand and drive sales.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset: Advancing or progressing operating processes and systems with a LEAN mindset. Integrating information and input from key stakeholders, analyzing data to identify trends, and implementing information to streamline and/or improve operational efficiency and effectiveness. A champion of finding new and innovative ways to grow the brand and business by possessing an innovation mindset.
- Communicating with Impact Across Different Audiences: Expressing thoughts, feelings, and ideas in a clear, succinct, and compelling manner in both individual and group situations; adjusting language to capture the attention of the audience. A storyteller with strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to help drive confidence and action in plans whether presenting to a top customer, the board, or leadership team.
- Global Curiosity and Boundary-less Business Acumen: Understanding and utilizing economic, financial, and industry data to accurately diagnose business strengths and weaknesses, identifying key issues, and developing strategies and plans with a global lens; taking actions to minimize the stresses of cross-cultural experiences and using them as opportunities for growth.
- Cultural Change Agent: Champions the mindset of best-in-class places to work while embracing and growing the culture of the team and brand.
The successful candidate must have a proven track record in strategic marketing that drives the business forward. A minimum of 12 years of experience in progressively senior roles on national or global brands. Master's degree, or equivalent work experience, primarily in B2C with a focus on brand strategy, brand management, content creation, digital media, product marketing and marketing analytics. International marketing experience, building and aligning brands across the globe and cultures.
The CMO is a strong leader who can inspire and manage the creative staff. He/she must have an understanding of brand imaging and how specific product styling translates to Saucony.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Wolverine Worldwide, Inc. is committed to creating a company that is as diverse as our consumers. We value the differences in one another and believe our differences make us stronger. Our diverse and inclusive corporate culture starts with the recruitment process. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We aim to create equal opportunities for our associates, customers, and suppliers regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected characteristic.