For over three decades, we've crafted quality footwear with our eyes fixed on comfort, design, durability and whatever's waiting for us out on the trail.Read More
Living Our Values
We believe in experiencing the power of the trail, so we work to protect the natural environment that sustains us all. Get to know some of the friendships we've made along the way with those who share our principles.Read More
Connect with the world of Merrell and see even more.
CopywriterWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The Copywriter will develop concepts and writes innovative copy for advertising and marketing campaigns across variety of media channels that are aligned to brand strategy and our consumer target.
- Establish, develop and maintain creative, conceptual and writing standards (voice of brand).
- Craft clear, concise and compelling advertising copy as well as technical product copy for use in stores, direct marketing, email marketing, internet advertising and on the website.
- Brainstorm and develop names for new products and write slogans for product packaging, brochures and other promotional materials that resonate with target consumers.
- Vary language and tone of messages based on product, medium, target audience and desired consumer behavior.
- Support internal/external PR teams with press releases and external facing communications.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Advertising, Communications, Journalism, English or related field.
- 3+ years of agency copywriting experience.
- Expertise in storytelling and maintaining the brand voice through many mediums to bring the brand to life.
- Experience in producing copy across all media channels, especially digital in as few words as 3 to as many as 200.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong written communication and organization skills.
- Cultural awareness
- Strong project and time management skills, and attention to detail while simultaneously managing multiple projects and high-volume tight timelines.
- Open to feedback and able to adjust and apply new information.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).