Demand PlannerWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
At Wolverine, we exist to support the people who forge their own path; men and women who stop at nothing to build the future they want.
Born in Michigan, we’ve been building boots and gear for over 135 years to be every bit as tenacious and capable as the people who wear them. What started as a work boot that promised to give you 1000 miles of wear has evolved into a footwear and apparel brand that delivers on that promise every day, in every product. We provide guaranteed comfort and time-tested design in everything from steel toe work boots to premium leather boots handcrafted in the USA… we’re not good because we’re old – we’re old because we stayed good.
We do more than just make great products; we strive to provide a collaborative working environment, with creative minds and innovative thought processes, utilizing consumer insights and market research to stand out from the pack. With Project Bootstrap, we champion and support those in skilled trades careers through donations, marketing campaigns and ambassador programs.
The Global Demand Planning team owns and is accountable for the global alignment from all regions for asset management, demand planning, supply planning, and fiscal alignment.
- Inventory optimization and metrics:Executes within defined parameters the inventory asset management strategy, in units by working within established optimized inventory, turnover goals, and Open-to-Buy (OTB) targets for assigned categories as directed by planning leadership.
- Service, Margin, Quality: Executes seasonal buy programs in accordance with the buy calendar and lead times with leadership input. Works to meet service level targets and reports on progress for each period. Analyzes and publishes standardized reporting to sales and finance to clear out underperforming stock
- On-hand SKU optimization: Monitors on-hand SKU counts to established KPIs, analyze SKU performance, and delivers results and recommendations to leadership for further action.
- Forecasting: Create and validate shipment forecasts at the stock number level, utilizing brand strategy, trend, account forecasts, competitive information and market conditions. Managing monthly and seasonal demand and supply forecasts
- SKU development and Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ) analysis: Monitor MOQ concerns by category and provide analysis to sales and DTC teams.
- Execution of outbound product distribution strategy: Collaborates with sales, DTC and marketing teams to provide operational support to ensure successful launch of new product into market. Track assigned region/category order booking programs to ensure timely and organized backlog. Monitors booking activity against category inventory flow constraints and communicates new availability dates accordingly. Provide critical operational support of order allocation, fill, and shipment during key fiscal deadlines, at period, quarter and year-end.
- Inventory Procurement: With main focus on Apparel, summarize and execute timely purchase summary orders. Review and recommend best production dates to support customer demand and inventory requirements. Execute size/width simulation to ensure appropriate purchases per established curve. Maintain delivery information on all open purchase orders from issuance to receipt. Manage and communicate production shifts due to commercialization issues or sourcing changes. Analyze and report factory purchase order dates, styles and/or sizes vs customer demand as directed by planning leader to report out issues filling customer orders.
- Factory Capacity and Production Management: Run analysis and provide summaries of receipt and inventory forecasts by stock number and fiscal period by factory. Track commercialization and sourcing operations team to ensure production output will support largest weekly volumes. Consistently monitor changes in production flow and works with planning leader to initiate appropriate adjustments. Identify delivery issues and construct solutions with planning leader.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong Excel Capabilities
- 2+ years’ experience in planning and/or merchandising
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized; able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while still achieving agreed upon deadlines
- Knowledge of inventory math a plus
- Basic understanding of product lifecycle planning
- Good financial acumen
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- SAP experience preferred
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).