Dir of Product Integrity
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Director of Product Integrity will be accountable for leading the Product Integrity function across all brands. Leads quality issue resolution of product in marketplace, direct claims investigation for assigned region, leads the fit and wear test team, and oversee the product safety process for children’s products.
- Validate and quantify product issues originating from inventory and marketplace, partnering with the regional quality teams to create necessary remedial and inventory control plans. Manage customer claims process.
- Proactively manage defective returns through identification of quality issue related trends, partnering with the necessary regional and / or Brand teams to identify and solve primary root causes of issues
- Works in partnership with DC audit teams in random product audits and issues identified in that process, including sort and repair that may be necessary
- Manage relationships with third party rework partners and develop a network of partners to ensure availability and skill needed for various operations
- Direct Fit and Wear Test team and ensure consistency in standards. Identify process opportunities in these areas
- Provide regular brand updates regarding claims, quality issues and planned corrective actions through reporting and regular meetings
- Ensure Brands, GOG Team and vendor base remain cognizant of and work within established safety related operating parameters during development, commercialization and manufacturing.
- Drive the Product safety review process through the full product lifecycle and ensure all parties are updated with any changes in regulations
- Partner with Dealer services and Consumer Service to capture product quality related data to be analyzed as part of continuous improvement efforts
- Develop teams in both technical and management competencies
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in footwear, apparel or accessories sourcing or quality management. Experience must also include at least 2 years of product safety related leadership
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels and regions within the organization and vendor base.
- Ability to manage multiple functions and projects in a fast paced environment
- Strong relationship building capability
- Capable of statistically driven performance and issue management.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications
Normal office environment. International and domestic travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).