Director of Sourcing - BrandsWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Responsible for the manufacturing, sourcing, product integrity and raw materials management for Wolverine Worldwide, the Global Operations Group sources 100 million pairs of footwear annually and manages over $1.5 billion in annual product costs and plans. The Group sources and transports more than 223,000 SKUs to over 200 countries and territories. In addition to handling manufacturing, the Global Operations Group also encompasses the customer service, planning, logistics, facilities, information technology and distribution center functions of Wolverine Worldwide.
As a subject matter expert in sourcing and product management, the Sourcing Director acts as the primary liaison between Global Operations, Brands and factory partners on sourcing related matters. This role serves as a champion and a consultant; providing proactive information and solutions to key stakeholders. A high degree of relationship fostering, autonomy, and a keen sense of judgement over complex problems are critical to the success of this role.
- Act as a liaison between the Global Operations Group and the Merrell Brand, Primary point-of-contact with Global Operations Costing, Planning and Materials functional experts.
- Partner with the Global Development, Planning and Costing teams to drive on time performance, lead time reductions and profitability.
- Participate in the evolution of the long-range sourcing strategy and oversee the seasonal source plan execution with adherence to deadlines, strategy alignment as well as factory capacities and capabilities.
- Identify new source opportunities by understanding current and future global footwear trends, trade regulations, and corporate direction.
- Determine methods, processes and procedures for new initiatives and coordinates related activities.
- Attend and contribute to all Brand Specific milestone meetings as appropriate to ensure and facilitate the achievement of all Brand initiatives and key performance indicators.
- Ensure timely, effective communications among all cross functional teams.
- Participate in the securing of factory seasonal development and production capacity and proactively monitor and resolve issues throughout the season.
- Manage the seasonal sourcing calendar with consideration and alignment to cross-functional Go to Market calendar dates and timelines.
- Lead and influence cross-functional process improvement projects that positively impact both the Brands and the Global Operations Group in key areas such as but not limited to: Price, Quality, Delivery, and Corporate Social Responsibility for WWW.
- Perform duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in sourcing and/or product management, or related field. Experience in the footwear or apparel industry preferred.
- Excellent track record of building and maintaining relationships globally, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade. Strong negotiation skills.
- Solid experience conducting business globally; familiarity with international cultures and business practices.
- Ability to measure Key Performance Indicators, analyze results, formulate and implement corrective action plans.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel and Power Point skills.
Normal office environment. Frequent domestic and international travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).