eCommerce Tech Lead
In our pursuit to be a consumer-obsessed growth company, our eCommerce team is strategically designed to acquire, convert and retain the consumer on every step of their journey. As a centralized business function, employees are analytical, goal oriented and performance driven as they work to create consumer connections and influence business decisions. This group consists of Web Designers, eCommerce & Site Merchandisers, Retention Specialists, CRM Managers and more.
What makes a successful eCommerce team member at Wolverine Worldwide?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Building an Inspiring Culture
- Technological savvy
- eCommerce Business Acumen
- Collaborative, family friendly team where everyone plays to win
- Dynamic work environment that is always changing and addressing new, complex problems
- The team is always finding ways to have fun - often celebrating their shared successes at various events such as team happy hours
"I love how our digital connection to consumers allows us to react quick and strategize constantly. Day in and day out we are able to test tactics and monitor results in ways that help us become more and more consumer-obsessed. Ecomm is a great place for anyone eager to grow through daily challenges alongside a performance-driven team."Senior Content Manager
"As a web designer in Ecomm, I have the unique opportunity to impact how our consumers view, interact and experience each of my brands. Whether they are checking their email, browsing the web on their laptop or smartphone, or checking their social media, I can create digital assets that reach our consumers wherever they are."Web Designer
"In my role, I am responsible for collaboration with all cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerece business, including business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, web design, web analytics and technologies. I love the fast paced nature of my job and the strong working relationships we have built with teams across the organization"Director eCommerce
We offer access to professional development training and tuition reimbursement for higher education.
We offer generous maternity/paternity leave and have onsite child care available.
Employees receive 50% off regular-priced merchandise on our family of brands.
Employees can enroll in our 401(k)-retirement plan and receive a generous company match.
Summer Flex Hours
We offer flexible working hours in the summer so team members can enjoy more time outside.
Our Rockford and Waltham campuses have onsite coffee shops and full-service cafeterias.
SummaryWolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, Sweaty Betty and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The eCommerce Tech Lead is responsible for technical leadership of an agile based workstream and will help translate business requirements into effective technology solutions and drive implementation of those solutions. The tech lead will own the technical oversight of an external development team ensuring code and solution quality, and sustainability within Salesforce and the platforms with which it is integrated. This highly collaborative individual will put the consumer first, leverage a deep technical expertise of eCommerce technologies, and business knowledge, to drive and implement cohesive user journeys that drive user engagement while meeting key company objectives.
- Work with product owners, UX, architects, and developers to transform and develop new requirements into designs, development approaches and final implementation. Understands the technical ecosystem and how core solutions should be designed and leveraged across the environment.
- Participate in technical design for solutions delivered on the Salesforce platform, collaborating with architects, third-party developers, and business/product owners as appropriate. Ensure designed and developed solutions meet both business and central platform team requirements.
- Partner closely with commercial teams to understand key business drivers and content priorities – bridging the gap between technical and business requirements. Assist with t-shirt sizing estimation efforts, working with other technical leads, developers and architects to scope and with the product team to prioritize.
- Drive and ensure adherence to coding standards and best practices, including modular & scalable solutions and code reuse.
- Supports the evaluation of 3rd party solutions relative to business requirements and processes and guide formulation of solution recommendations.
- Develop proof-of-concept prototypes to prove out technology solution design for new features, enhancements, and technology exploration.
- Ensures that eCommerce technology and development best practices are fully utilized, including user experience standards, accessibility, performance optimization, localization, scalability, device compatibility, and more.
- Partner with other functional leaders within the Experience Team, including QA Leads and Product Owners, to ensure seamless handoffs throughout the entire project development process.
- Provides expertise and maintains technical knowledge of the eCommerce platform, customizations, and 3rd Party Integrations.
- Effectively communicate and maintain productive relationships with business users, peers, and fellow ecommerce team members, including product owners, UX, architects, engineers, business analysts, security practitioners, project managers, and senior management.
- Through an eye of continuous improvement will identify gaps and opportunities to improve systems and processes that drive growth, create efficiencies and deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
10+ years of software development experience with demonstrated leadership driving an organizational transformation in a matrixed organization.
- Deep technical experience with B2C e-commerce platforms, websites, and applications.
- Salesforce specific experience in Commerce Cloud, Marketing Cloud and Service Cloud preferred.
- Experience in Apex, Lightning Aura and Lightning Web Components development, Flows and Triggers a plus.
- Strong understanding of network architecture, application development technologies, RDBMSs, and MVC architecture patterns.
- Experience architecting API layers and web services.
- Experience creating custom SF cartridges and applications a plus.
- Packaging and bundling technologies, CI/CD pipeline and deployment strategies.
- Experience developing and deploying micro-components, microservices and in the cloud.
- Experience with micro-services, CDNs, data caches and stores.
- Experience with data lakes, CDPs a plus.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and approach problems with a flexible mind-set.
- Agile development methodology experience.
- Experience in global multi-branded B2C environments a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required. Ability to work across organizational boundaries and promote and influence direction on how to best solve business and technical problems.
- Must work EST hours.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Working in Rockford, Michigan
Take a look to see what’s nearby.Explore Location