Financial Analyst II - Wolverine
At Wolverine, we exist to support the people who forge their own path; men and women who stop at nothing to build the future they want.
Born in Michigan, we’ve been building boots and gear for over 135 years to be every bit as tenacious and capable as the people who wear them. What started as a work boot that promised to give you 1000 miles of wear has evolved into a footwear and apparel brand that delivers on that promise every day, in every product. We provide guaranteed comfort and time-tested design in everything from steel toe work boots to premium leather boots handcrafted in the USA… we’re not good because we’re old – we’re old because we stayed good. We do more than just make great products; we strive to provide a collaborative working environment, with creative minds and innovative thought processes, utilizing consumer insights and market research to stand out from the pack. With Project Bootstrap, we champion and support those in skilled trades careers through donations, marketing campaigns and ambassador programs.
The Financial Analyst II gathers, monitors & reports financial data to produce financial reports to evaluate the division’s financial performance in coordination with Corporate Finance, DTC and the International Finance teams. This includes overseeing the close process, planning/forecasting, analysis and reporting.
- Prepares period, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Works in conjunction with corporate finance to prepare period-end closing activities including accruals expense estimates, allocations and journal entries.
- Performs analysis on product pricing to the account base and assist in implementation of Customer Specific pricing as well as closeout and all other pricing.
- Monitor pricing in the system and maintain master price lists.
- Coordinate and prepare budget and forecast information such as revenue, margin and variance analysis, SG&A and working capital, including supporting schedules.
- Analyzes shipments, backlog and order for trends, units, revenue and margin and compares to Plan/forecast.
- Provides operating management with statistical data and account analysis on a periodic basis.
- Actively participate in projects independently and as a member of a cross-functional teams.
- Prepare account reconciliations consistent with Corporate policy.
- Provide financial support to the brands, working with GOG, eCommerce, and international finance as needed.
- Analyze and report on operating deviations, including key metrics.
- Respond to inquiries from Corporate Finance as well as Internal and External Auditors.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- 4 years in accounting or finance experience
- Strong computer skills with advanced skills in Excel, BW and Hyperion.
- Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
Normal office environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).