Financial Analyst IIWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Financial Analyst II will act as a key contributor to the external financial statement reporting process, prepare complex analysis and journal entries requiring a strong accounting acumen and act as the key liaison between finance and other corporate functions.
Please note that first consideration for this position will go to our internal employees, including anyone with interest who is currently on furlough.
- Works in conjunction with corporate finance to prepare period-end closing activities related to the Company’s various derivative positions, legal accruals, environmental accruals, joint venture accounting, intangibles and goodwill and other items.
- Form 10-Q/K document preparation drafting notes, financial statement preparation and coordination, edgarization, XBRL tagging, and filing documents with the SEC.
- Perform accounting research as required and document the Company’s position on complex matters.
- Preparation of consolidated company statement of cash flows.
- Perform monthly and quarterly internal control certification.
- Actively participate in projects independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Review the Company’s key service provider SOC1 internal control reports and document the Company’s assessment.
- Prepare account reconciliations consistent with Corporate policy.
- Provide financial support to the brands and other corporate functions.
- Analyze and report on financial results, including key metrics.
- Respond to inquiries from Corporate Finance as well as Internal and External Auditors.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- 2-4+ years in accounting or finance experience, preferably including experience within a large public accounting firm.
- Strong computer skills with advanced skills in Excel, BW and Hyperion.
- Good oral/written communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- CPA preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Normal office environment
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).