HR Business Partner, Sr. Mgr
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The HR Business Partner, Sr. Manager serves as a strategic HR business leader and consultant for our Global Operations Group, supporting the supply chain business units - global distribution, logistics, product integrity and finance. This role offers a unique opportunity to develop and execute strategy in a corporate and facility level environment. This individual will be responsible for leading the HR strategy for our 5 global Distribution Centers as well as managing the day-to-day HR operations for our Howard City, MI DC.
The role serves as an advisor and is responsible for execution of talent management, performance management, change management, culture, and employee relations initiatives.
- Facilitates effective communications, leads through change, and fosters cultural progress.
- Drives organizational and operational alignment between employees and management across multiple locations within the business group.
- Acts as an advisor to the leadership team in matters of employee relations, talent management, learning and development, culture, and talent acquisition.
- Delivers business outcomes by advising the leadership team on HR best practices and acting as a role-model for the rest of the team.
- Partners with business leaders to make Wolverine Worldwide an amazing place to work by creating a positive and engaging employee experience.
- Develops a prominent talent pipeline through robust capability and competency development, as well as resource and succession planning.
- Develops strategic and long-term talent initiatives that result in the attraction, selection, and retention of talent across all hourly and salary positions within the functional business unit.
- Responsible for identifying training needs and working in partnership with the Learning and Organizational Develop team to design and implement impactful learning and development opportunities.
- Develops HR and business solutions by recommending and executing plans of action. Utilizes reports, networks, subject matter knowledge and best in class practices to formulate recommendations.
- Partners with Total Rewards team to create and implement programs that meet the needs and expectations of designated business group.
- Ensures compliance and alignment with federal, state, and local laws and company HR policies and practices.
- May manage a team of HR professionals, leading them and directing them in day-to-day specialist and generalist operations and developing them for future growth.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- At least 7 years of relevant HR generalist experience.
- Previous HR Operations experience required, preferably in a supply chain environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute corporate level initiatives and programs.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, up to and including senior levels
- Strong relationship-building & team collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of federal/country and state/province employment laws/regulations.
- Proficient in the use of computers, HR Systems, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage conflict and use good judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and analyze business metrics and external business conditions.
- Tenacious and adaptable demonstrating resiliency through challenging situations.
- People management preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously.
- Successfully navigates a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong business acumen including ability to balance business needs with organizational expectations.
- Ability to creatively problem solve with an understanding of short and long-term decision impact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Normal office and warehouse environment. Some travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).