IT ManagerWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The IT Manager effectively leads and manages the resources of an assigned team of IT personnel. Identifies, plans and implements new or enhanced business systems to meet the company business requirements in an efficient and economical manner.
- Develop team members’ technical abilities and soft skills to continuously increase the effectiveness of the team.
- Provide effective coaching/mentoring to develop team members.
- Provide input to personnel decisions including FTEs and staff augmentation.
- Leads and/or assists team members and customers with problem solving related to application performance and usage.
- Manage and maintains change management procedures to ensure system availability, accuracy and reliability meet corporate SLAs.
- Coordinate team resources to address support activities and project staffing as required to meet department and corporate objectives.
- Coordinate communication to the business with regards to system related messages.
- Partner with the business to identify technical and process related solutions to business issues.
- Effectively communicate and coordinate efforts across the IT department.
- Work with the business to identify project requirements, develop business case, build resource plans, and build project plans.
- Manage small to medium size projects including task assignments, identifying testing requirements, obtaining user sign off, project budget, project status communications and implementation.
- Acts as problem coordinator for corporate problems; identifies and analyzes problems, devises solutions through cross-functional teamwork and determines corrective action.
- Continuous evaluation of technologies to identify opportunities to expand or improve the offerings to our business.
- Provides input to IT strategic roadmap and annual budget.
- Provide 24-hour on call support, including evenings and weekends.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree (or its foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, a Business discipline or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years of experience in Order to Cash (SD) business processes is required, along with integrated business processes, such as Procure to Pay (MM), Finance (FI), and Controlling (CO).
- Apparel and Footwear Industry experience preferred.
- Experience with SAP AFS or S/4 Fashion preferred.
- Previous management experience preferred.
- Ability to motivate and empower associates to build a strong team.
- Demonstrated leadership within the software development lifecycle process, including requirements gathering, design, functional configuration, testing and support on medium to large efforts/projects.
- Experience with SAP ABAP development and debugging.
- Experience working directly with vendors, including negotiating anticipated project deliverables.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, priority setting, troubleshooting, time management, task delegation and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with key business stakeholders and cross-functional IT teams.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate across multiple levels of the organization, including presenting to business and IT leadership.
Normal office environment. Some travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).