Lead Network Security Engineer
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, Sweaty Betty and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Lead Network Security Engineer supports the security and defense of the network for the company’s data and systems by operating and developing network security systems, detecting and responding to security risks, collaborating cross-functionally to evaluate and define security controls, and assists with support for other security-related functions, such as data privacy and compliance.
- Configure, design, implement and support secure solutions for the network, including in the cloud. Additionally, participate in developing annual plans for budgets and projects.
- Identify, investigate, and respond to cyber threats, incidents, and anomalies.
- Identify and prioritize security vulnerabilities in our environment while driving remediations accordingly.
- Develop policy and documentation for security best practices for new network technologies.
- Design, implement, and advise on secure solutions for system and software development lifecycles.
- Estimates system configuration and development efforts for self and functional area.
- Functions as an area leader on large projects and/or project leader on small and medium projects; coordinates resources, milestone schedules and related communication; responsible for delivery of assigned work area(s) or project(s)
- Uses standard team/department methods and processes to complete work; assists in developing methods and processes when required
- Participates in and supports disaster recovery initiatives and change management standards and procedures; assists in developing standards and procedures when required
- Evaluates make vs. buy system alternatives under general direction; maintains awareness of current technologies and trends; assimilates new technology into company work environment
- Develops technical and business proficiency through education, work assignments, research, and technical/user group participation; demonstrates practical application of learning and actively shares knowledge across functional area
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by Manager
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Industry certification, such as Security+, SSCP, GSEC, or equivalent training and work experience required. CCNP Security and/or other advanced certifications preferred, such as GDSA and GCED.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in network fundamentals as well design, implementation, operation, and troubleshooting. 8+ years of traditional networking and 3+ years of cloud networking preferred. CCNP certification and/or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in network security, such as with next-gen firewalls, web application firewalls, or other security products. Experience with Cisco, Palo Alto, and F5 a plus.
- In-depth understanding of security concepts, including firewall security policy, IPS/IDS, security posture, incident response, and familiarity with security tools, such as Nmap.
- Analytics experience, such as Splunk or other SIEM, preferred.
- Experience with Identity Management preferred.
- Experience leading front-line problem resolution, go-live support and post go-live support while supporting various other projects concurrently.
- Demonstrable ability to mentor others in a team environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
#LI-Hybrid #LI-MM1 #LI-Remote