Lead System AnalystWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Lead System Analyst supports business applications, including maintenance, new development and problem solving to provide the company with a reliable set of business applications designed to facilitate the information needs of WWW’s business units.
- Configures software or creates/modifies software code to meet business requirements; creates and executes test plans for software modifications and facilitates transfer into production
- Writes software documentation suitable for internal systems control and user manuals; develops and provides user training
- Confers with customers and team members, including across teams, to determine requirements; designs business application systems that address and solve complex corporate business needs
- Estimates system configuration and development efforts for self and functional area
- Functions as an area leader on large projects and/or project leader on small and medium projects; coordinates resources, milestone schedules and related communication; responsible for delivery of assigned work area(s) or project(s)
- Uses standard team/department methods and processes to complete work; assists in developing methods and processes when required
- Leads and/or assists team members and customers with problem solving related to software application performance and usage; collaborates across teams as needed
- Participates in and supports disaster recovery initiatives and change management standards and procedures; assists in developing standards and procedures when required
- Evaluates make vs. buy system alternatives under general direction; maintains awareness of current technologies and trends; assimilates new technology into company work environment
- Develops technical and business proficiency through education, work assignments, research and technical/user group participation; demonstrates practical application of learning and actively shares knowledge across functional area
- Provides 24-hour on call support, including evenings and weekends
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by Manager
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree (or its foreign equivalent) in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, a Business discipline or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Solid understanding of Procure to Pay business processes is required; additional experience with integrated business processes, such as within Order to Cash, is preferred
- Apparel and Footwear Industry experience preferred
- 8 or more years of experience in SAP MM and integrated modules such as SD, LE and FI.
- Experience with SAP AFS, SAP FMS or S/4 Fashion preferred
- Demonstrated leadership within the software development lifecycle process, including requirements gathering, design, functional configuration, testing and support on small to medium size efforts/projects. Experience should include 1-2 full SAP lifecycle implementations or equivalent project experience.
- Experience leading technical and process-oriented business requirement workshops, creating business process documentation and process mapping, as well as functional specification documents.
- Experience with SAP ABAP development and Debugging
- Experience working directly with vendors, including negotiating anticipated project deliverables is preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, priority setting, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to operate independently, as part of a team, and in leading medium sized teams on fixed and fluid deliverables, including workload management and task delegation.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Excellent communication skills, including presenting to business stakeholders and IT leadership.
- Ability to perform effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
Normal office environment
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).