For over three decades, we've crafted quality footwear with our eyes fixed on comfort, design, durability and whatever's waiting for us out on the trail.Read More
Living Our Values
We believe in experiencing the power of the trail, so we work to protect the natural environment that sustains us all. Get to know some of the friendships we've made along the way with those who share our principles.Read More
Connect with the world of Merrell and see even more.
Merrell Assistant BuyerWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The Assistant Buyer will be responsible for assisting the Merrell Specialty & Outlet Merchandising Team in Merchandising activities to support the Direct to Consumer business.
- Assists in developing seasonal assortment plans for showcasing the brand with attention to store demographic profiles and geography and a keen understanding of the Outlet customer.
- Understand the target customer by category, shop competition, identify white space opportunities
- Collaborates with brand wholesale product teams throughout the development cycle in order to identify opportunities and leverage trend information to continuously drive sales and mitigate risk.
- Works with retail planning to develop seasonal merchandise plans that reflect future opportunities and deficiencies. In-season, assists retail planning markdowns, purchases and inventory based on actual business trends and product availability.
- Collaborates with Merchandise Planner to create seasonal unit plans based on buyer’s assortment.
- Visit stores on regular basis (couple times a year) in order to gain a better understanding of our consumers and specific store product needs.
- Manage samples for meetings
- Performing duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong communication skills, organization skills, and self-motivation
- Strong PC skills, including report query and analysis
- High proficiency with Excel and merchandising systems, preferably SAP
- Ability to prioritize assignments in a fast paced atmosphere with tight deadlines and deliver accurate results for one or more projects or tasks
- Individual should have good people and communication skills, high energy level, flexible, resilient, positive attitude and a passion for retail
- Solid financial skills, be decisive, have a strong sense of urgency and thrive in an ever changing environment
- Results-oriented and self-motivated
- Able to independently organize and prioritize broad workload to meet deadlines
- Ability to successfully collaborate with internal and external partners
Normal office environment. Some travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).