Public Relations Manager - Merrell
At Merrell, we believe everyone deserves to experience the simple power of being outside. From mountain trails to parks and playgrounds, we all belong in the outdoors. No matter our shape, our size or our race. So we're proud to make durable and versatile products that help get more of us outside together.
The Public Relations Manager leads the development and execution of public relations strategies and programs that support Merrell’s growth and revenue goals. Creates and executes best-in-class, integrated PR campaigns that deliver full funnel results and boosts brand heat.
- Develop strong relationships on behalf of the brand with key digital, print, and broadcast outlets (outdoor, fitness, running, trade, lifestyle, fashion-forward, mainstream).
- Ideate, manage, and execute seasonal and monthly PR strategies and story focus with agency partners, clearly communicating importance level of each story.
- Manage integrated PR activations across product and brand moments to elevate awareness, brand love, and brand heat, or additional metrics as assigned per campaign.
- Own brand’s editorial calendar that boosts thought leadership across B2C and B2B audiences through executive positioning, purpose-based storytelling, and leadership within its categories.
- Develop seasonal materials including global toolkits, key messaging, and brand activation plans.
- Manage brand’s external and internal communications on platforms such as LinkedIn and internal team portal.
- Seek out and develop submissions for awards that honor the brand’s products, campaigns, and workplace environment.
- Manage brand reputation through proactive and reactive strategies that guide the organization through crises and issues.
- Develop comprehensive monthly results and campaign reports and share out wins and areas of opportunities.
- Manage day-to-day PR budget, including monthly updates with brand marketing leadership and finance.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Advertising and/or Marketing or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years Public Relations and/or Marketing experience
- Previous supervisory skills preferred
- Previous experience working with external Public Relations agencies
- Consumer product or consumer PR agency experience preferred; experience in the footwear or apparel industry preferred.
- Strong personal connections with brand mission and understanding of target consumer behaviors.
- Strong project management skills, time management skills and attention to detail while simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated comfort level with public speaking and presenting.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
Normal office environment. Travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).