ReChaco Technician I-Day ShiftWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
The ReChaco Technician supports ReChaco Repair and Warranty and MyChaco custom footwear and accessory production in a wide range of areas including performing quality audits, shipping, receiving and repair and assembly work. A ReChacoTechnician I is an entry level position that performs basic material handling, assembly, and sewing functions.
- Repairs and assembles Chaco sandals and accessories using hand tools and by operating sewing machines and other machinery: Repair Prep, Repair Pull, Thread Trim, Strap Pop, Black Max, Heel Riser Sew, Reversa Belt, & Bracelets.
- Performs manual sorting processes: opening mail/packages, sorting.
- Assembles boxes and opens packaging.
- Communicates clearly and concisely with coworkers on work orders. Maintains organization system of order documentation throughout production process.
- Follows instruction of higher level technicians to move between workstations in order to maximize production flow.
- Reads and follows written work orders.
- Performing duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performing other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 1+ years of experience in a production, assembly, or manufacturing environment preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Attention to detail to ensure the safe and proper use of machinery and order accuracy.
- Interpersonal skills supporting establishment of effective working relationships within the team.
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less and ability to distinguish color.
- Dexterity for sewing and assembly tasks.
- Cross-training in various activities to minimize repetitive motion.
- Ability to read and precisely follow written standard operating procedures and safety instructions.
- Must be able to work independently with some daily instruction.
Factory and warehouse environment. Ability to lift 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.