For over three decades, we've crafted quality footwear with our eyes fixed on comfort, design, durability and whatever's waiting for us out on the trail.Read More
Living Our Values
We believe in experiencing the power of the trail, so we work to protect the natural environment that sustains us all. Get to know some of the friendships we've made along the way with those who share our principles.Read More
Connect with the world of Merrell and see even more.
Regional Merchandising ManagerWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The Regional Merchandising Manager will develop and manage multi-year Regional product plans. Provide specific input to the Brand product team to create regionally relevant assortments that support the Brand vision and financial goals.
- Develop multi-season product line requirements supported by historical, competitive and future trends that align with brand positioning and growth targets.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate insights on consumer and market trends and sell out performance to ensure optimal positioning.
- Partner with sales and/or commercial teams to identify market segmentation and product differentiation needs or requirements to increase market penetration.
- Develop and manage a product segmentation strategy to effectively support all consumer territories, channels and customers.
- Develop and execute seasonal brief production and maintain pricing and margin model.
- Represent regional needs and provide relevant input at all seasonal product creation meetings; develop feedback loop to regional partners.
- Identify product gaps or potential unlocks to increase growth in the region.
- Gather research and market input to support regional requests.
- Develop and monitor seasonal product forecasts and manage regional sample requests.
- Partner with commercial partners to ensure delivery of strategic and financial goals.
- Oversees and ensures consistency in product pricing and initial margins, and distribution planning.
- Contributes to the seasonal ‘Go To Market’ plans with regards to segmentation, Core collection highlights and range merchandising direction.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in merchandising, marketing, business or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience including retail buying, sales, and product development in consumer soft goods, footwear experience a plus.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrates a strong eye for product, trend, color, aesthetic detail.
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to listen, negotiate and resolve conflict swiftly and build strong relationships with internal and external partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Deep knowledge of the local market and the role it plays in the global view for the brand.
- Assortment planning experience to optimize the performance of the regional assortment.
- Working knowledge of footwear industry and shoe making process.
Normal office environment. Travel required.
English & native language of assigned region
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).