Senior Collaboration EngineerWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Senior Collaboration Engineer will design, administer, and support global collaboration / voice / contact center systems and applications, including maintenance, new development and problem solving, to provide the company with a scalable set of communications services which enable and enrich the functions of our business units.
- Responsible for voice system administration, including licensing, subscriptions, and maintenance, maintain an inventory of assets and services, and manage system software releases and updates.
- Assist, advise, and collaborate on voice client software releases with software delivery and call center operations teams.
- Responsible for maintaining standard processes and procedures related to voice systems, call centers, and end user documentation.
- Assist and advise on compliance with applicable regulations, such as E911, Kari's Law, etc.
- With limited direction, configures software or creates/modifies software code to meet business requirements; creates and executes test plans for software modifications and facilitates transfer into production.
- Writes documentation suitable for internal systems control and user manuals; develops and provides one-on-one or small group user training.
- Confers with customers and team members to determine requirements; designs business application systems that address and solve corporate business needs.
- Estimates configuration and development efforts for self.
- Functions as a task leader on large projects and/or project leader on small projects; coordinates resources, milestone schedules and related communication; responsible for delivery of an assigned scope of work.
- Uses standard team/department methods and processes to complete work; assists in developing methods and processes when required.
- With limited direction, leads and/or assists team members and customers with problem solving.
- Participates in and supports disaster recovery initiatives and change management standards and procedures; assists in developing standards and procedures when required.
- Supports Evaluation of make vs. buy system/service/application alternatives under general direction; maintains awareness of current technologies and trends; assimilates new technology into company work environment.
- Develops technical and business proficiency through education and work assignments; demonstrates practical application of learning and actively shares knowledge across technical area.
- Provides 24-hour on call support, including evenings and weekends.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by Manager.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in computer science, computer engineering, telecommunications engineering, or related.
- Minimum 5 years of experience administering and supporting voice / Unified Communications / VoIP
- CCNP Collaboration (formerly Voice) required
- Minimum 3 years supporting and administering contact center systems required
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of FXO, FXS, ISDN PRI, SIP, ring groups/hunt groups, auto attendant.
- Must have hands on experience working on CUCM, CUBE, CUSP, and voice gateways.
- Experience integrating voice and collaboration services/apps required.
- Experience with call center scripting is a plus.
- Experience with UCaaS and/or CCaaS a plus.
- Experience with 8x8 support and administration a plus.
- Must demonstrate in-depth understanding of networking concepts--IP, DHCP, DNS, OSI model, routing and switching.
- Must have experience with requirements analysis, resource and time management, design, code implementation, quality assurance, documentation, and integration.
- Must have experience in leading and working with diverse vendor relationships.
- Must be able to operate independently or as a part of a team
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
Normal office environment. Some travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).