Senior eCommerce Director - MerrellRockford, Michigan
In our pursuit to be a consumer-obsessed growth company, our eCommerce team is strategically designed to acquire, convert and retain the consumer on every step of their journey. As a centralized business function, employees are analytical, goal oriented and performance driven as they work to create consumer connections and influence business decisions. This group consists of Web Designers, eCommerce & Site Merchandisers, Retention Specialists, CRM Managers and more.
What makes a successful eCommerce team member at Wolverine Worldwide?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Building an Inspiring Culture
- Technological savvy
- eCommerce Business Acumen
- Collaborative, family friendly team where everyone plays to win
- Dynamic work environment that is always changing and addressing new, complex problems
- The team is always finding ways to have fun - often celebrating their shared successes at various events such as team happy hours
"I love how our digital connection to consumers allows us to react quick and strategize constantly. Day in and day out we are able to test tactics and monitor results in ways that help us become more and more consumer-obsessed. Ecomm is a great place for anyone eager to grow through daily challenges alongside a performance-driven team."Senior Content Manager
"As a web designer in Ecomm, I have the unique opportunity to impact how our consumers view, interact and experience each of my brands. Whether they are checking their email, browsing the web on their laptop or smartphone, or checking their social media, I can create digital assets that reach our consumers wherever they are."Web Designer
"In my role, I am responsible for collaboration with all cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerece business, including business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, web design, web analytics and technologies. I love the fast paced nature of my job and the strong working relationships we have built with teams across the organization"Director eCommerce
We offer access to professional development training and tuition reimbursement for higher education.
We offer generous maternity/paternity leave and have onsite child care available.
Employees receive 50% off regular-priced merchandise on our family of brands.
Employees can enroll in our 401(k)-retirement plan and receive a generous company match.
Summer Flex Hours
We offer flexible working hours in the summer so team members can enjoy more time outside.
Our Rockford and Waltham campuses have onsite coffee shops and full-service cafeterias.
Merrell believes nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Merrell hiking boots, trail running shoes and apparel are built on Merrell’s outdoor heritage, quality and performance. The trail is the core of our design philosophy and has continued to guide us in the development of innovative products that inspire and enable enjoyment of the outdoors.
The Senior eCommerce Director will drive all aspects of Merrell's eCommerce business including business development, financial planning, content strategy and development, merchandising assortment strategy, website design, consumer experience strategy and optimization, and eCommerce analytics.
- Drive Merrell eCommerce revenue growth, maximize marketing investments and deliver to financial results. Set and gain alignment with brand team on long-term strategy to hit growth targets.
- Own all eCommerce KPIs relating to traffic generation, channel management, onsite conversion and after-sale metrics.
- Collaborate with Merrell CMO to present brand and product stories online in a compelling way that delivers a rich brand experience to the consumer and integrates with other brand channel messaging (wholesale, stores, brand marketing, etc.). Ensure brand and product stories are regionally relevant. Influence for global impact.
- Lead vision of a long-term eCommerce strategy and customer experience that contemplates brand positioning, emerging digital shopping experiences, rising industry trends, and evolving consumer expectations. Direct the execution of this vision with an eye towards best practices in holistic digital customer journey management.
- Drive merchandising assortment strategy in partnership with brand product development. Identify and evaluate white space merchandising opportunities and new growth initiatives by leveraging product and category KPI data, consumer insights, and market trend knowledge.
- Direct commercial eCommerce team tasked with combining brand and eCommerce expertise to deliver a 52-week product and story flow for the various digital channels, including site, email, social media and direct mail. Lead the establishment of timelines and continuously reprioritize in functional areas including merchandising, content, design, buying, and planning.
- Drive a digital retail mindset within a traditional wholesale ecosystem, spanning product merchandising, financial planning, pricing, promotion, and ecosystem management.
- Lead cross-functional projects with broader eCommerce, brand, and global functional leaders to drive operational excellence. Direct team and partners on how to best execute stories across digital platforms through understanding of latest interactive design techniques and consumer experience technologies. Drive the optimization of new technologies across platforms.
- Partner with Technology leadership to identify whitespace in the development roadmap.
- Develop plans and forecasts along with supporting marketing and capital budgets. Work cross-functionally to ensure successful end-to-end planning and execution of merchandise assortment and inventory levels, taking into account brand goals and financial objectives.
- Develop process of analyzing business performance. Influence global leaders on changes within eCommerce, brand, and supporting teams that will elevate performance and address future forecasts.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 15+ years of eCommerce experience, branded product experience required with complex global brands.
- Exceptional writing, communication and presentation skills to drive effective collaboration and influencing within a matrix organization; including executive level and multi-cultural.
- Proven leadership skills with at least 8 years’ experience in leading a team.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and project leadership and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to interpret and translate data into actionable proposals.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize complex demands of time and resources.
- Comfortable in changing, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Working in Rockford, Michigan
Take a look to see what’s nearby.Explore Location