Senior Material Forecast SpecialistWolverine Worldwide | Rockford, Michigan Apply
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Senior Material Forecast Specialist builds and analyzes material forecasts for core material suppliers utilizing demand tools across the Wolverine Worldwide brand portfolio. Gathers and maintains master material data including material attributes (thickness, color, usage) correlating to brand products. Collaborates cross-functionally on all matters relating to material utilization.
- Forecasting: Creates and validates demand forecasts at the stock number level, utilizing current order placement and forecast tools. Communicates forecast to core material suppliers to ensure alignment on volume expectations and expected delivery timing.
- Inventory Procurement: Summarizes and executes timely purchase Frame (prebuild) orders. Reviews and recommends best material production dates to support brand demand and inventory requirements. Maintains delivery information vs Frame balances and updates both materials team and brand responsible to utilize that balance. Ensures timely communication with suppliers that hold Frame orders as progress is tracked. Reports progress or lack of progress in inventory movement to immediate supervisor. Evaluates shoe production shifts due to commercialization issues or sourcing changes and adjust material forecasts if needed. Issues bi-weekly reporting.
- Service, Margin, Quality: Executes seasonal buy programs in accordance with the buy calendar and lead times with leadership input. Works to meet service level targets and reports on progress for each period. Publishes standardized reporting and provides analysis to Material team to support the clear out of underperforming stock.
- Inventory optimization and metrics: Reconciles supplier orders to material forecasts, confirm available supplier capacities to brand material forecasts by season in partnership with the Costing team. Ensures that inventory management strategy is aligned with brand forecasts.
- Demand optimization: Partners with Global Demand Planning to understand change in seasonal demand and translate that change and its effect on the material supply chain. Communicates impact to greater Material team to determine capacity brands will require.
- Project Management: Coordinates resources, brand milestone schedules and related communication
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in planning and/or merchandising
- PLM and SAP experience required
- Strong Proficiency with Excel (loading data, creating pivot tables, etc)
- Solid collaboration skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
- Strong analytical skills
- Highly organized; able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while still achieving agreed upon deadlines
- Knowledge of inventory math a plus
- Basic understanding of product lifecycle planning
- Good financial acumen
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).