Sr eCommerce Planning Manager
In our pursuit to be a consumer-obsessed growth company, our eCommerce team is strategically designed to acquire, convert and retain the consumer on every step of their journey. As a centralized business function, employees are analytical, goal oriented and performance driven as they work to create consumer connections and influence business decisions. This group consists of Web Designers, eCommerce & Site Merchandisers, Retention Specialists, CRM Managers and more.
What makes a successful eCommerce team member at Wolverine Worldwide?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Building an Inspiring Culture
- Technological savvy
- eCommerce Business Acumen
- Collaborative, family friendly team where everyone plays to win
- Dynamic work environment that is always changing and addressing new, complex problems
- The team is always finding ways to have fun - often celebrating their shared successes at various events such as team happy hours
"I love how our digital connection to consumers allows us to react quick and strategize constantly. Day in and day out we are able to test tactics and monitor results in ways that help us become more and more consumer-obsessed. Ecomm is a great place for anyone eager to grow through daily challenges alongside a performance-driven team."Senior Content Manager
"As a web designer in Ecomm, I have the unique opportunity to impact how our consumers view, interact and experience each of my brands. Whether they are checking their email, browsing the web on their laptop or smartphone, or checking their social media, I can create digital assets that reach our consumers wherever they are."Web Designer
"In my role, I am responsible for collaboration with all cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerece business, including business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, web design, web analytics and technologies. I love the fast paced nature of my job and the strong working relationships we have built with teams across the organization"Director eCommerce
We offer access to professional development training and tuition reimbursement for higher education.
We offer generous maternity/paternity leave and have onsite child care available.
Employees receive 50% off regular-priced merchandise on our family of brands.
Employees can enroll in our 401(k)-retirement plan and receive a generous company match.
Summer Flex Hours
We offer flexible working hours in the summer so team members can enjoy more time outside.
Our Rockford and Waltham campuses have onsite coffee shops and full-service cafeterias.
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Sr eCommerce Planning Manager owns and drives forecasting direction and seasonal goal setting for multiple brands’ eCommerce business to support total eCommerce business revenue and profitability. The Senior eCommerce Planning Manager provides financial and business guidance to the brand and eCommerce buying teams to ensure corporate targets are achieved.
- Develop and own overall seasonal goal setting strategy and brand forecasting across multiple brands by department / class and key items that drive the financial, merchant and marketing strategies of the division.
- Lead a team of eCommerce planners across multiple brands to achieve brand goals, develop and implement best practices and functional improvements that align processes across those brands and coach the growth and development of each individual.
- Analyze business performance to drive growth and present summary of findings to Sr. leadership members; review reports, analyze sales and trend data, and make appropriate recommendations based on this data.
- Create and maintain Open to Buys, including accurate forecasting of sales, inventory and receipt plans. Work closely with eCommerce commercial leaders for each brand and finance when goal setting and reforecasting for the division.
- Overall owner of short and long-term assortment strategies to grow the business and brand with minimal supervision from direct manager. Input into the buying process; and, advocate for class mix, style count, depth of buys, size integrity, IMU etc. Responsible for eCommerce achieving product margin targets and inventory turns.
- Analyze weekly/monthly performance of sales, margin, and inventory turns against plan and forecast. Analysis of demand versus shipped sales. Monitor and address issues with in stock rates on key items. Develop strategies with Buyers to account for any variances in business trend vs. plan.
- Partner with buying and site merchandising to develop promotional plans. Forecast promotional plan impact. Ensure profitable liquidation of excess inventory.
- Own eCommerce replenishment process: Analyze and execute monthly contract rolls, ensuring proper inventory levels are maintained; drive collaboration with wholesale demand planning on monthly adjustments; proactively influence release of product from wholesale to meet assortment replenishments needs of eCommerce.
- Lead collaboration with eCommerce team and retail team to conduct business reviews highlighting current DTC business trends and opportunities. Identify and action in common risks and opportunities.
- Build and develop relationships with cross-functional business partners to achieve financial results for division.
- Develop methods for analyzing performance of previous business strategies and make tactical adjustments to leverage opportunities for increased profitability.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 8+ years of planning experience preferably in an eCommerce environment
- Excellent analytical, math and organizational skills as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with all levels of management and executive leadership
- Excellent Excel skills and knowledge of PC applications
- Strong understanding of financial measurements and digital metrics
- Ability to present data and influence discussion with executives, peers and members of cross-functional teams
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and teams in a matrix business environment
- Ability to lead and coach a team of functional professionals.
- Comfortable in changing, fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Working in Rockford, Michigan
Take a look to see what’s nearby.Explore Location