Trade Compliance Analyst
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, Sweaty Betty and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The Trade Compliance Analyst will create, monitor, and maintain, initiatives across all Trade Compliance functions (i.e. Import, Exports, Special Programs, Supply Chain Security, Special Programs, and Classification). They will ensure compliance with Customs laws and regulations as well as maintaining strong communication with Trade Compliance Specialists. The position will interact with internal and external partners on a regular basis.
- Create Systems and processes
- Work with Wolverine Departments in support of Trade Compliance initiatives.
- Maintain proper procedures for Import, Export, Special Programs, Supply Chain Security and Classification functions
- Initiate and see through Trade Compliance projects set by Trade Compliance Specialists or upper management.
- Proactively analyze and advise on process improvements inside the department.
- Understand and model principles and concepts of standard work and problem solving.
- Training, including developing brands and other business units
- Communicate to individual brands and finance departments to inform on compliance regulations or procedures.
- Create, maintain and publish comprehensive SOP documentation for external partners
- Proactively analyze and advise on process improvements.
- Continue education through professional education or seminars as required
- Informing on risks
- Research the 19 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations), HTSUS, or other applicable laws/regulations to support the Trade Compliance objective.
- Be comfortable with the HTSUS
- Prepare and analyze Trade Compliance reports
- Prioritize duties, communicate progress and issues to upper management or a Trade Compliance Specialist
- Stay current on regulation changes. (CBP and CBSA)
- Monitor and Maintain
- Ensure risk management procedures are in place to minimize impact to Wolverine.
- Maintain monthly KPI’s and KCI’s (Key control Indicators).
- Perform duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or previous work experience in Trade Compliance
- 2-3 years of experience in Trade Compliance matters with a basic understanding of Customs regulations.
- Proactive in recognizing and adjusting to shifting priorities/ability to respond positively to changing business needs
- Problem Solving and Critical Thinking
- The ability to complete assignments accurately and within specified time frames with minimal supervision and direction
- Communicating the procedure and status to internal and external business partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Excel)
- Some travel required
Normal office environment or remote work. Some travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Wolverine Worldwide has a flexible, hybrid work schedule, with three days in office and two days remote.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).