Web DesignerRockford, Michigan
In our pursuit to be a consumer-obsessed growth company, our eCommerce team is strategically designed to acquire, convert and retain the consumer on every step of their journey. As a centralized business function, employees are analytical, goal oriented and performance driven as they work to create consumer connections and influence business decisions. This group consists of Web Designers, eCommerce & Site Merchandisers, Retention Specialists, CRM Managers and more.
What makes a successful eCommerce team member at Wolverine Worldwide?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Building an Inspiring Culture
- Technological savvy
- eCommerce Business Acumen
- Collaborative, family friendly team where everyone plays to win
- Dynamic work environment that is always changing and addressing new, complex problems
- The team is always finding ways to have fun - often celebrating their shared successes at various events such as team happy hours
"I love how our digital connection to consumers allows us to react quick and strategize constantly. Day in and day out we are able to test tactics and monitor results in ways that help us become more and more consumer-obsessed. Ecomm is a great place for anyone eager to grow through daily challenges alongside a performance-driven team."Senior Content Manager
"As a web designer in Ecomm, I have the unique opportunity to impact how our consumers view, interact and experience each of my brands. Whether they are checking their email, browsing the web on their laptop or smartphone, or checking their social media, I can create digital assets that reach our consumers wherever they are."Web Designer
"In my role, I am responsible for collaboration with all cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerece business, including business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, web design, web analytics and technologies. I love the fast paced nature of my job and the strong working relationships we have built with teams across the organization"Director eCommerce
We offer access to professional development training and tuition reimbursement for higher education.
We offer generous maternity/paternity leave and have onsite child care available.
Employees receive 50% off regular-priced merchandise on our family of brands.
Employees can enroll in our 401(k)-retirement plan and receive a generous company match.
Summer Flex Hours
We offer flexible working hours in the summer so team members can enjoy more time outside.
Our Rockford and Waltham campuses have onsite coffee shops and full-service cafeterias.
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
This position will design ongoing compelling consumer facing web content that meets brand goals and objectives. The Web Designer serves as a partner to other cross-functional eCommerce teams.
- Design all online content for a brand including key marketing stories across numerous channels consisting of weekly emails, banners and website marketing, mobile, print, etc. that meets the goals and objectives of written and verbal briefs from brand.
- Follow brand standards, web style guides, templates, and processes to ensure each brand maintains its unique visual identity.
- Optimize web graphics to ensure maximum download speed while maintaining high visual quality.
- Stay up to date with latest trends, tools, and processes to keep own work relevant.
- Translate designs into digital content that meets brand and user design standards.
- Work within Content Management System and design templates to make creative updates.
- Balance numerous projects to meet ongoing tight deadlines. Respond quickly to business needs, shifting priorities and altering creative direction as needed to achieve optimal results.
- Maintain organized archive of ongoing design projects for later reference.
- Create variations of content for segmentation, A/B testing and global use.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to manage design projects from conception to execution. Coordinate design direction with e-mail steering team; including content, merchandising and e-commerce marketing.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of web/digital design experience and eCommerce specific experience
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS. Printed or digital portfolio demonstrating relevant experience
- Keen eye for detail in photography, imagery, and digital assets to build engaging and effective consumer experiences. Experience with multiple marketing disciplines
- Experience with web graphic optimization techniques
- Strong Adobe Photoshop experience, with full creative suite exposure
- Experience with and ability to design for content management systems (CMS)
- Ability to work and meet deadlines in fast pace environment
- Responsive email, mobile/Tablet design experience
- Experience collaborating with web or email developers a plus. Strong knowledge of front-end web development standards
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).