Associate Site Merchandiser - Sperry eCommerceWaltham, Massachusetts
In our pursuit to be a consumer-obsessed growth company, our eCommerce team is strategically designed to acquire, convert and retain the consumer on every step of their journey. As a centralized business function, employees are analytical, goal oriented and performance driven as they work to create consumer connections and influence business decisions. This group consists of Web Designers, eCommerce & Site Merchandisers, Retention Specialists, CRM Managers and more.
What makes a successful eCommerce team member at Wolverine Worldwide?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Building an Inspiring Culture
- Technological savvy
- eCommerce Business Acumen
- Collaborative, family friendly team where everyone plays to win
- Dynamic work environment that is always changing and addressing new, complex problems
- The team is always finding ways to have fun - often celebrating their shared successes at various events such as team happy hours
"I love how our digital connection to consumers allows us to react quick and strategize constantly. Day in and day out we are able to test tactics and monitor results in ways that help us become more and more consumer-obsessed. Ecomm is a great place for anyone eager to grow through daily challenges alongside a performance-driven team."Senior Content Manager
"As a web designer in Ecomm, I have the unique opportunity to impact how our consumers view, interact and experience each of my brands. Whether they are checking their email, browsing the web on their laptop or smartphone, or checking their social media, I can create digital assets that reach our consumers wherever they are."Web Designer
"In my role, I am responsible for collaboration with all cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerece business, including business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, web design, web analytics and technologies. I love the fast paced nature of my job and the strong working relationships we have built with teams across the organization"Director eCommerce
We offer access to professional development training and tuition reimbursement for higher education.
We offer generous maternity/paternity leave and have onsite child care available.
Employees receive 50% off regular-priced merchandise on our family of brands.
Employees can enroll in our 401(k)-retirement plan and receive a generous company match.
Summer Flex Hours
We offer flexible working hours in the summer so team members can enjoy more time outside.
Our Rockford and Waltham campuses have onsite coffee shops and full-service cafeterias.
From Paul Sperry and one man’s inventive spirit in 1935 to today, Sperry has forever inspired adventurous souls who strive for lives fully lived. Whether it’s the world’s first and original boat shoe or our sea-tested apparel, we equip all those who believe the best stories are written with your feet. So go out there, and live an adventure-filled life. Join our team and discover an odyssey in every day.
The Associate Site Merchandiser executes eCommerce merchandising responsibilities for areas within a brand as determined by Manager and enhancing site content to improve user experience, maximize customer engagement, conversion, average order value, acquisition, and retention across all devices.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the appropriate business teams to collect complete and accurate product information in a timely manner. Ability to guide content based on data.
- Work with the internal team to execute catalog setup activities, including copy file, product imagery preparation, and SAP pricing setup.
- Manage article creation process for any brand product sold online.
- Execute product setup in PIM, set pricing in SAP, and categorize product on Demandware platform for display on all sites.
- Provide ongoing management of product assortment within categories; adding, removing styles, updating site creative and general auditing.
- Analyze search keyword data to optimize search-ability of product assortment for the consumer. Implement keyword associations and site re-directs based on this analysis.
- Setting up and managing promotions, site enhancements, and functionality. Frequently QA site for irregularities and work to resolve.
- Continuously reviews website information to ensure that all information is current, accurate and relevant.
- Execute A/B testing as directed by manager.
- Create and maintain a variety of basic business reports on a weekly basis from BW, Omniture, and Orderwave. Evaluate new reporting that could be necessary to improve sales on site.
- Serve as a product knowledge expert to Wolverine Worldwide stores and Consumer Relations teams with ecommerce related questions and issues.
- Monitor and suggest product recommendations, cross sells and upsells for assigned brand categories. Implement with manager approval.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years’ experience in an Omni-channel environment preferred
- Ecommerce, store management, or buying/planning experience in multi-channel environment a plus
- Proficient knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Basic knowledge of using Adobe Photoshop
- Highly motivated/self-starter with a sense of ownership, a willingness to learn, and a strong desire to succeed
- Working knowledge of eCommerce systems such as Demandware, PIM, and Business Intelligence tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).