Sperry was founded in 1935 by avid sailor, inventor, and intrepid explorer Paul Sperry, and the brand has built a legacy of innovation and style for 8 decades. From the invention of the world’s first boat shoe, the Sperry brand is fully rooted in the history of American style.
We are a team of innovators, fashion leaders and optimists, always looking for new ways to deliver style, comfort, and fresh ideas to our consumers. We want to be at the forefront of what matters and strive to be inclusive, environmentally conscious, community oriented, and purpose driven.
Join us as we set a course for exciting brand growth, and continue to craft the shoes for life’s memorable experiences on, off, and by the water.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL
Copywriter - SperryWolverine Worldwide | Waltham, Massachusetts Apply
At Sperry we are here to inspire everyone to find common ground, as we have since 1935. We create products that can transcend boundaries because we believe it’s the little things that can help bring us together. We’re proud to embrace timeless styles and quality everyone can relate to. Join our team and help us inspire people to recognize their commonalities and create more meaningful connections and better communities.
The Copywriter will develop concepts and creates copy for advertising and marketing campaigns for a variety of channels. The Copywriter at Sperry has a storytelling mindset and has experience to work in a fast-paced organization. The primary purpose is to come up with digital first copy solutions for our brand materials that include emails, mailers, presentations, photoshoots, campaigns, and product support information. You work closely with the creative marketing team (Creative Director, Graphic Designer, Photographer and Creative Services) to translate the briefing into storytelling creative concept solutions, all the way to the final output.
- Establish, develop and maintain creative, conceptual and writing standards (voice of brand).
- Craft clear, concise and compelling advertising copy as well as technical product copy for use in stores, direct marketing, email marketing, internet advertising and on the website.
- Brainstorm and develop names for new products and write slogans for product packaging, brochures and other promotional materials that resonate with target consumers.
- Vary language and tone of messages based on product, medium, target audience and desired consumer behavior.
- Support internal/external PR teams with press releases and external facing communications.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years of copywriting experience. Footwear or fashion is a plus.
- Proficient in maintaining and executing a brand voice through many mediums.
- Experience in producing copy across all channels.
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project and time management skills, and attention to detail while simultaneously managing multiple projects and high-volume tight timelines.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).