Demand Planner - KedsWolverine Worldwide | Waltham, Massachusetts Apply
Founded in 1916, Keds® redefined footwear with the introduction of the Champion sneaker. The iconic design was one of the first options to provide women with accessible, fashionable footwear and ignited a style revolution. Over the past 100 years, Keds® have been worn by iconic women such as Audrey Hepburn, Katharine Hepburn, Marilyn Monroe, Jackie O and Yoko Ono. In 2015, Keds® introduced the Ladies First Since 1916 platform in over 80 global markets and launched a powerful new era in its history. 2016 marks the brand’s centennial year, celebrating 100 years of fashionable footwear and a passion for female empowerment. At Keds, we’re dedicated to our consumers and proud of our heritage. We are focused on pushing the brand forward in innovative and unexpected ways. We are seeking passionate people to join our collaborative team during a truly momentous year for the brand.
The Demand Planner for Keds is responsible for assisting in the global forecasting process which determines appropriate inventory levels that will maximize sales and minimize inventory obsolescence and developing short-term and long-term production plans.
Please note that first consideration for this position will go to our internal employees, including anyone with interest who is currently on furlough.
- Update product forecasts, sales force forecasts, competitive information, and market conditions to minimize product obsolescence.
- Continuously monitor booking and shipping trends against factory buys and make necessary adjustments to factory purchase order quantities, dates, styles and/or sizes.
- Update appropriate personnel with product availability information to align customer expectations with realistic ship dates.
- Keep the team up to date on current bookings and shipments to aid in the product development process.
- Partner with sales management regarding key retailers’ forecasts, providing delivery confirmation and open order comparisons to ensure division sales goals will be achieved.
- Form strategic relationships with Sales Reps for early feedback regarding product availability, shipments and/or cancellations.
- Responsible for managing set up and maintenance of materials for all Keds businesses.
- Place buys with factories, releases and maintains factory purchase orders.
- Update daily, weekly, monthly scheduled reports and additional ad hoc requests.
- Perform duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent
- 3+ years of relevant work experience buying, analysis, and customer service
- Strong aptitude for working with numbers
- Must be highly organized and self-motivated
- Able to work well in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Must demonstrate flexibility and juggle multiple priorities while still achieving agreed-upon deadlines
- Must have the confidence to challenge and embrace the consensus of the team
- Strong PC skills including competency with database management, Excel, pivot tables, and Word. Experience with SAP and PLM systems preferred.
- This individual is a key resource for statistical information which is necessary to support the team and the sales revenue plans.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).