Demand Planning Manager - Wolverine Kids GroupWolverine Worldwide | Waltham, Massachusetts Apply
The Kids Group of Wolverine Worldwide drives the design and development of children’s shoes under the company’s portfolio of industry-leading brands, including Merrell®, Sperry®, Saucony®, Hush Puppies® and Keds®. As experts in children’s footwear, the Kids Group team is dedicated to creating comfortable, durable and stylish shoes to take kids from first steps to the school yard. The Kids Group of Wolverine Worldwide distributes through leading retailers in the U.S. and globally in approximately 200 countries and territories.
The Demand Planning Manager for Wolverine Kids Group is responsible for the daily/weekly merchandising efforts for assigned categories. This includes forecasting, buying, and shipment analysis to support the ongoing sales goals of the business at a macro level as well as the detail level. This individual works closely with key account partners, customer service, product and logistics to achieve sales and growth strategies of the division.
Please note that first consideration for this position will go to our internal employees, including anyone with interest who is currently on furlough.
- Accurately provide short-term product forecasts utilizing trends, sales force forecasts, and market conditions.
- Determine and place monthly factory buys based on forecasts while managing risk and obsolesence based upon forecast confidence level.
- Continuously monitor booking and shipping trends against factory buys and independently make necessary adjustments to factory purchase order dates, styles and/or sizes.
- Manage inventory flow to meet inventory turn goals as outlined on inventory plan. Work with sourcing to align exit factory dates with customer ship dates and monthly targets.
- Update appropriate personnel with product availability information to align customer expectations with realistic ship dates.
- Form strategic relationships with sales management and account reps for feedback regarding product shipments and/or cancellations.
- Direct customer service group on management of alignment between factory production and customer ship dates. Manage work flow in core systems.
- Work closely with sourcing and product development team to identify, monitor and communicate to the team any issues affecting delivery against forecasts and customer orders.
- Manage special projects aligned with strategic growth plan.
- Provide input on long term sales and production forecasts
- Develop merchandiser associate to manage daily tasks at a level where they can independently calculate inventory needs and align production with customer orders.
- Perform duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in a wholesale/retail product merchandising capacity
- Experience with buying, analysis, and customer service
- Strong aptitude for working with numbers is essential.
- Strong PC skills, including Excel functions such as data management, pivot tables, and lookup formulas
- The successful candidate must be highly organized and self-motivated.
- This individual must be able to work well and communicate in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- He/she must demonstrate the flexibility and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and make independent decisions in order to achieve agreed upon deadlines.
- The ability to assess underlying issues and make preventative changes is important in this role.
- The Demand Planning Manager must have the confidence to challenge and in the end embrace the consensus of the team.
- This individual must be comfortable seeking opinions from individuals or teams.
- The Demand Planning Manager must be able to document the facts in an easily understood format, and present them clearly.
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).