Direct Mail Manager
In our pursuit to be a consumer-obsessed growth company, our eCommerce team is strategically designed to acquire, convert and retain the consumer on every step of their journey. As a centralized business function, employees are analytical, goal oriented and performance driven as they work to create consumer connections and influence business decisions. This group consists of Web Designers, eCommerce & Site Merchandisers, Retention Specialists, CRM Managers and more.
What makes a successful eCommerce team member at Wolverine Worldwide?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Building an Inspiring Culture
- Technological savvy
- eCommerce Business Acumen
- Collaborative, family friendly team where everyone plays to win
- Dynamic work environment that is always changing and addressing new, complex problems
- The team is always finding ways to have fun - often celebrating their shared successes at various events such as team happy hours
"I love how our digital connection to consumers allows us to react quick and strategize constantly. Day in and day out we are able to test tactics and monitor results in ways that help us become more and more consumer-obsessed. Ecomm is a great place for anyone eager to grow through daily challenges alongside a performance-driven team."Senior Content Manager
"As a web designer in Ecomm, I have the unique opportunity to impact how our consumers view, interact and experience each of my brands. Whether they are checking their email, browsing the web on their laptop or smartphone, or checking their social media, I can create digital assets that reach our consumers wherever they are."Web Designer
"In my role, I am responsible for collaboration with all cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerece business, including business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, web design, web analytics and technologies. I love the fast paced nature of my job and the strong working relationships we have built with teams across the organization"Director eCommerce
We offer access to professional development training and tuition reimbursement for higher education.
We offer generous maternity/paternity leave and have onsite child care available.
Employees receive 50% off regular-priced merchandise on our family of brands.
Employees can enroll in our 401(k)-retirement plan and receive a generous company match.
Summer Flex Hours
We offer flexible working hours in the summer so team members can enjoy more time outside.
Our Rockford and Waltham campuses have onsite coffee shops and full-service cafeterias.
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, Sweaty Betty and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
As the functional expert of the direct mail channel across the Wolverine Worldwide portfolio of brands, the Direct Mail Manager is responsible for the strategic planning, development, and deployment of this marketing channel. Everything from catalogs to postcards, you will use this channel to drive brand affinity and customer lifetime value. The position involves the planning and implementation of all direct mail programs, promotions, and testing scenarios as well as the coordination with internal teams and vendors on mailing operations. In addition, the Manager will take on any needed assistance with managing direct mail campaigns, possibly including interaction with creative and production vendors as well as internal cross-functional relationships.
- Lead the strategic planning and campaign development for all printed customer retention programs, including seasonal catalogs, multi-fold product mailers, and promotion/offer-based postcards.
- Analyze, develop, and implement circulation plans for each brand, product category, and/or retail channel to increase marketing efficiency; project sales and contribution to develop the catalog program.
- Partner with marketing managers and commercial teams to ensure that marketing dollars are being allocated to drive the objectives of the business.
- Provide input into annual budgeting and forecasting process for the portfolio
- Evaluate consumer segments and their purchase power towards brands, product categories, and specific styles of products; and, apply to predictive mailing models and segment the house file as needed for the purpose of implementing successful campaigns.
- Drive continuous improvement and innovation through Wolverine’s direct-to-consumer printed retention programs.
- Provide post campaign curve reports to evaluate the performance of consumer segments over time and predict long term value.
- Compile and analyze data using quantitative and qualitative methods to develop detailed forecasts and plans, considering market trends, economic indicators, historical data and special projects/developments in the future.
- Provide data preparation instructions to generate lead lists for DTC and B2B marketing programs aligned with legal and PII compliance.
- Prepare documentation for the cross-functional teams involved in direct mail planning.
- Work cooperatively with content owners to plan and execute effective direct marketing campaigns on budget and on time.
- Keep print and mail vendor costs within budget.
- Work closely with vendors for best in class execution of production and execution of campaign materials and delivery to the marketplace in a timely manner.
- Communicate specialized instructions to print vendors and assure proper execution for maximum postal discounts.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 3-5 years’ experience in a business environment.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a DTC marketing role with direct mail experience, catalog circulation or direct mail environment is preferred.
- Experience with retail, ecommerce or apparel & footwear a plus
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge and some experience with Marketing Mix Models, attribution concepts & testing concepts such as A/B & Test vs Control.
Hybrid office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Wolverine Worldwide has a flexible, hybrid work schedule, with three days in office and two days remote.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Working in Waltham, Massachusetts
Take a look to see what’s nearby.Explore Location