Director of Sourcing - BrandWolverine Worldwide | Waltham, Massachusetts Apply
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
As a subject matter expert in sourcing and supply chain management, the Sourcing Director acts as the primary liaison between Global Operations, Brands, and factory partners on sourcing related matters. This role serves as a champion and advisor, providing proactive information and solutions to key stakeholders. A high degree of relationship building, autonomy, and a keen sense of judgement over complex problems are critical to the success of this role.
- Participate in the evolution of the long-range sourcing strategy and drive the seasonal source plan execution with adherence to deadlines, strategy alignment as well as factory capacities and capabilities.
- Attend and contribute to all Brand Specific milestone meetings as appropriate to facilitate the achievement of all brand initiatives and key performance indicators.
- Partner with brands to execute a robust forecasting process which support revenue targets, efficient production loading, enables speed initiatives, improves on-time performance, and optimizes profitability.
- Identify new source opportunities by understanding current and future global footwear trends, trade regulations, and corporate direction.
- Establish strong relationships with brands and key factory partners to ensure capabilities, capacities and scale support the needs of the business.
- Participate in the securing of factory seasonal development and production capacity and proactively monitor and resolve capacity, delivery, and costing issues throughout the season.
- Manage and guide the creation of the seasonal sourcing calendar with consideration and alignment to cross-functional Go to Market calendar timelines and corporate milestones.
- Participate in and influence cross-functional process improvement projects that positively impact both the Brands and the Global Operations Group in key areas such as but not limited to: Demand/Capacity planning, On-time delivery and speed initiatives.
- Work in Partnership with Product Integrity team to settle claims and resolve issues between brands, regional quality assurance teams and factories.
- Perform duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Perform other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of professional experience in sourcing and/or product management, or related field. Experience in the footwear or apparel industry preferred.
- Excellent track record of building and maintaining relationships globally, both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and presentation communication skills, with the ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade. Strong negotiation skills.
- Solid experience conducting business globally; familiarity with international cultures and business practices.
- Ability to measure Key Performance Indicators, analyze results, formulate, and implement corrective action plans.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; advanced Excel and Power Point skills.
Normal office environment. Frequent domestic and international travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).