Operations Planner - SauconyWolverine Worldwide | Waltham, Massachusetts Apply
At Saucony, we exist for runners. Runners inspire us, bring us new ideas, and force us to be better. They drive our design and engineering. They keep us competitive. They keep us hungry. They keep us honest. Whether it’s in a conference room or out on a lunchtime run, we’re constantly thinking and talking about our sport, runners and the products that fuel them. We love our products and we run in everything we make. This focus and passion fuels us as we strive to create the best running shoes and apparel on the planet. We leave work each day knowing we’ve done everything to make runners’ lives just a little bit better.
The Operations Planner is accountable for supporting the brand Demand Planning team with the operations and business planning for each product season.
- Supports sales and demand planning to maximize product flow needs. Tracks the flow of inventory to support demand and sales plans and arranges fulfillment according to priorities and/or tactics. Guides customer service and DC management in planning priorities and supply chain changes impacting order releases and shipments.
- Supports fulfillment priorities for product launches, strategic marketing initiatives, and channel specific sales programs coordinating with brand asset and promotion streams. Documents, updates demand planning re: Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) cadence with product phase out and close out timing and aligns associated selling programs as needed. Partners with sales, finance, and customer service teams to facilitate operational execution of quarter end shipment plans, including risks and opportunities, to achieve financial targets.
- Supports sales and DP communication re: order booking programs to ensuring timely and organized backlog. Tracks/reports booking activity against inventory flow constraints and adjusts and communicates new availability dates accordingly.
- Building seasonal site catalogs across all categories. Maintain account database per catalog and adjust as needed. Adding and removing of styles based on introduction dates and availability. Managing a closeout catalog to drive sales at the required margins needed.
- Monitors revisions or changes in daily management of business to demand planning & sales team for improved efficiencies and/or more effective actions. Shares selective and timely input to brand leadership on trends and exceptions in servicing retailers.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
• Strong Excel Capabilities
• 2+ years’ experience in planning and/or merchandising
• Strong analytical skills
• Highly organized; able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, while still achieving agreed upon deadlines
• Knowledge of inventory math a plus
• Basic understanding of product lifecycle planning
• Good financial acumen
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• SAP experience preferred
Normal office environment. Some travel may be required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.