It started with a problem: how to maintain traction on a slippery boat deck. We’ve since grown a legacy of footwear that prioritizes functionality and style.Read More
Sperry + Waterkeeper Alliance
Clean Up Marsh Island
We live what we believe. In our pocket of Massachusetts, that means coming together to take care of the beaches we all enjoy.
Connect with the world of Sperry and see even more.
VP Design & Product DevWolverine Worldwide | Waltham, Massachusetts Apply
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The VP Design and Product Development - Sperry creates the brands product DNA through materials, concepts and an understanding of the core brand identity. Communicates creative vision and direction to key stakeholders. Leads and drives the product development process by partnering with Product Merchandising, Costing, Sourcing and Materials in taking the product from concept to buy ready for all categories.
- Leads, inspires, and coaches design and development teams as well as manages external design resources. Manages cross-collaborative partnerships.
- Oversees execution of all product details to ensure the end product embodies the brand’s DNA and drives long term brand strategic objectives.
- Drives and influences seasonal trend research to set brand-appropriate creative direction for the season.
- Drives and influences the material strategy for the brand.
- Drives collaboration with product merchandising leadership and marketing team to set seasonal stories and educate on all key selling features and benefits.
- Drives effective sourcing strategies in partnership with the global operations leadership team.
- Develops a clear strategy and process for documentation and communication to ensure the execution of designs from concept through final product.
- Drives the global collaboration with cross-functional leadership to ensure achievement of desired target costs and calendar optimization.
- Drives and influences technology and research for the product development function.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Bachelor's degree required/MBA preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of footwear design/development experience required.
- Proven leadership skills with at least 5 years’ experience at the director level.
- Strategic thinking and visioning; understands product relevance, positioning, timing and collections. Proven track record of developing and executing large, strategic and vision led programs / transformations.
- Strong presentation and communication skills (verbal, written, visual, listening)—inclusive of executive audiences.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and get things done in a matrix-oriented environment—inclusive of leading & influencing leaders.
- Technically proficient with an extensive understanding of footwear constructions.
- Advanced knowledge of fit/construction and costing.
- Exceptional follow-through skills and attention to detail.
Normal office environment. Travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).