VP ExperienceWaltham, Massachusetts
In our pursuit to be a consumer-obsessed growth company, our eCommerce team is strategically designed to acquire, convert and retain the consumer on every step of their journey. As a centralized business function, employees are analytical, goal oriented and performance driven as they work to create consumer connections and influence business decisions. This group consists of Web Designers, eCommerce & Site Merchandisers, Retention Specialists, CRM Managers and more.
What makes a successful eCommerce team member at Wolverine Worldwide?
Check out the top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Building an Inspiring Culture
- Technological savvy
- eCommerce Business Acumen
- Collaborative, family friendly team where everyone plays to win
- Dynamic work environment that is always changing and addressing new, complex problems
- The team is always finding ways to have fun - often celebrating their shared successes at various events such as team happy hours
"I love how our digital connection to consumers allows us to react quick and strategize constantly. Day in and day out we are able to test tactics and monitor results in ways that help us become more and more consumer-obsessed. Ecomm is a great place for anyone eager to grow through daily challenges alongside a performance-driven team."Senior Content Manager
"As a web designer in Ecomm, I have the unique opportunity to impact how our consumers view, interact and experience each of my brands. Whether they are checking their email, browsing the web on their laptop or smartphone, or checking their social media, I can create digital assets that reach our consumers wherever they are."Web Designer
"In my role, I am responsible for collaboration with all cross-functional partners to manage all aspects of the eCommerece business, including business planning, content strategy and development, promotional campaigns and other online marketing, web design, web analytics and technologies. I love the fast paced nature of my job and the strong working relationships we have built with teams across the organization"Director eCommerce
We offer access to professional development training and tuition reimbursement for higher education.
We offer generous maternity/paternity leave and have onsite child care available.
Employees receive 50% off regular-priced merchandise on our family of brands.
Employees can enroll in our 401(k)-retirement plan and receive a generous company match.
Summer Flex Hours
We offer flexible working hours in the summer so team members can enjoy more time outside.
Our Rockford and Waltham campuses have onsite coffee shops and full-service cafeterias.
Wolverine Worldwide is a global marketer of branded footwear, apparel, and accessories. With an established global footprint that spans approximately 200 countries and territories, as well as a rock-solid infrastructure, Wolverine Worldwide is dedicated to advancing the following brands that comprise the ever-expanding portfolio: Bates, Chaco, Cat Footwear, Harley Davidson Footwear, Hush Puppies, Keds, Merrell, Saucony, Sperry, and Wolverine. Wolverine Worldwide’s continued success is driven by our ability to stay true to our simple mission: we empower, engage and inspire our consumers – every step of the way.
The VP Experience will be leading a cross-functional organization that develops consumer obsessed digital experiences across the portfolio that drive brand love and loyalty. Areas of emphasis will be digital product, UX/UI, multi-variant testing, loyalty and ecosystem architecture. The location for this position is open to either of our campuses in Waltham, MA or Rockford, MI.
- Lead long range planning and strategy for all areas related to the consumer’s digital experience, including UX, technology, development, design, testing and loyalty.
- Create and communicate eCommerce Experience vision, mission, and overall direction.
- Partner with brand leadership to differentiate experiences in order to bring each brand’s vision to life
- Own the eCommerce capital budget and development roadmap to maximize spend and ensure long term sustainable growth across the Brand portfolio globally.
- Partner with corporate technology partners to ensure alignment of roadmaps and activities
- Conceive and prioritize innovative solutions to meet diverse evolving business needs across multiple websites serving both domestic and international markets.
- Maintain awareness of both the external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards.
- Contribute at the senior level by working across different strategic and business units in the company; able to set, engage and champion objectives of the eCommerce organization.
- Evaluate & mentor dynamic internal teams of diverse experts across multiple locations and ensure their successful cross-functional integration through shared goals and unified culture.
- Ensure business processes and systems are designed, developed, and operational, for omni-channel multi-brand global eCommerce.
- Manage and drive the relationship with enterprise level eCommerce platform partners, ensuring that our business & development needs are aligned.
- Identify and champion opportunities to build/leverage online best practices across brand web sites.
- Lead, oversee and drive best practices in web functionality and overall user experience standards across multiple global brand sites.
- Partner with IT and communicate business requirements in relation to SAP interfaces, security, and other eCommerce platform related IT functions.
- Utilize research, analytics and financial metrics to make informed decisions and meet business objectives.
- Drive a culture of iterative testing and learning in order to increase site conversion, as well as to help build a culture of continuous improvement.
- Work with management and outside vendors to implement new features, systems and functionality, ensuring a compelling customer experience, being accountable for measuring results.
- Build and grow key relationships with cross-functional team members and internal business partners
- Build strong business relationships with third-party partners and/or vendors.
- Performs duties consistent with the Company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 12+ years eCommerce experience
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and be exceptionally adaptable and flexible
- Working experience building organizational capacity; motivating and challenging team in a way that inspires and promotes excellence.
- Experience as a versatile leader across multiple roles, with a grasp of the broader business that can critically evaluate areas outside of their own area of expertise
- Strong leadership and management skills, with demonstrated inter-personal skills particularly in managing large, complex initiatives and teams across multiple locations
- Strong understanding of UX, UI, design, technology, analytics, and operations
- Experience defining & measuring key performance indicators, ROI, and designing online customer experiences
- Demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills influencing a multi-brand matrix environment
- Demonstrated understanding of eCommerce best practices and usability
- Experience leading major strategic initiatives, ideally including technology & design integration
- Experience in global and multi-branded environments
- Experience managing internal and external resources
- Understanding of supply chain, fulfillment and call center functions a plus
Normal office environment. Travel required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills which may be required.
Committed to a diverse workforce, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled).
Working in Waltham, Massachusetts
Take a look to see what’s nearby.Explore Location